Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Learning Resources Centre
Welcome to the Learning Resources Centre
We can support your studies with:
- Group, quiet and silent study spaces,
- Our book collection in the LRC and our electronic books and resources on this website,
- Our team who can help you with library information, finding the books and resources you need, IT help and support, and help with your study skills.
Where can you find us?
- You can find the main Learning Resources Centre and Library at our Clapham Common site.
- We are in the S Block on 3rd Floor.
- We also have a small book collection with study spaces at our Brixton Campus in room B104.
LRC Study Spaces
When you come into the LRC, we have:
- Group Study Zone with PCs which is a large oval room when you enter the LRC. In the Group Study Zone, it’s fine to talk and discuss with your fellow students and to use your phone. Please still be respectful of other students working nearby.
- Quiet Study Zones without PCs behind the book shelves and with PCs opposite the book shelves and the Library Desk. These zones are for individual work or in pairs rather than group work - please keep any talking quiet and don’t use your phones.
- Silent Study Zone with PCs and desks in the centre of our space - this room is only for individual work in silence. Please don’t talk or use phones in that room.
- Teams Zone with PCs equiped with headphones and webcam which is opposite the Silent Study Room - this room is for students who wants to use Microsoft teams to join in their online class, communicate with thier teachers and LDCs. Please be respectful to your fellow students by keeping your noise down to a minimum level.
- Group Study Rooms - these rooms are booking only study rooms. You need to book one of the Group Study Rooms if you want to use them. Please click the button below to book one of the Group Study Rooms.
Book a Group Study Room
Can I Borrow Items from the LRC?
- Yes, you can borrow from our book and DVD collections - please bring the items you want to borrow and your student ID card to our IT Support and Library Helpdesk.
- You can borrow up to 6 items at any one time.
- All books and DVDs are loaned for 3 weeks initially.
- After 3 weeks your items will be renewed automatically and you will receive an email with your new return date If the aitems are not requested by other students.
- You can use the self-service machine to borrow and return books which is located at the Group Study Zone.
Reminder information to note
If another student has requested an item you have on loan then you will receive an email asking you to return it - please do this so the item can be shared fairly round everyone who needs to use it.
Our emails will be sent to your college email so please do check that regularly.