LRC & Digital Spine Code of Conduct
Student ID Card and Temporary Pass
- Keep and Display your Student ID Card or Temporary Pass at All Times (this is a College requirement).
- Show or hand over your ID Card or temporary pass to any member of staff immediately when requested.
- Lending your ID Card or Temporary Pass to a student or non student of the College will result in disciplinary action.
Note: The ID Card and Temporary Pass remain the property of the College and are lent to you to allow you access to the buildings. Failure to do so will be dealt with under the college disciplinary procedures.
Respect, Courtesy and Responsibility to Others
- Treat LRC staff and fellow users with respect and courtesy.
- You are required to allow others to work and study without interruption or disruption.
- Students are expected to respect each other, staff and all others in the College.
- Racial, sexual and homophobic harassment will not be tolerated.
- Aggressive or violent behaviour shouting and/or use of aggressive or inappropriate gestures will not be tolerated.
- Threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Demeaning, abusive, indecent or offensive language or comments that discriminate on the basis of sex, race or any other irrelevant distinction will not be tolerated..
*Such behaviour will result in an immediate ban from all services and will be dealt with under the college disciplinary procedures.
Using the IT Facilities
- Use of another user's account or allowing others to use your account is not acceptable.
- Students should not tamper with hardware or software, including the introduction of viruses.
- Students are not to play computer games.
- Unplugging any PC in the IT area in order to plug in your laptop, phone charger etc, is not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to move furniture.
Health and Safety
Leave the Library immediately if the fire alarm sounds. You should not stop to collect your belongings.
- Eating and drinking
- No Eating
- No Drinking*
*You may drink bottled water.
- Respect other users; help to maintain the study environment.
- Conversations must be kept at a low level.
- Personal music players may be listened to at low volume and must not be audible to others.
Use of Mobile Phones
- Phones should only be used in the Group Study Zone.
- Library books must be returned at the end of your course or when they are reserved by other borrowers – we’ll email you if they are reserved.
- Laptops must be returned by due date.
- If items aren’t returned this will lead to your account being blocked from future borrowing.
- You will need your College ID Card to borrow items.
- You may not borrow items for another student.
- Please make sure all the items that you are carrying have been properly issued to you before leaving the LRC.