A six-week writing course to help you get to grips with the what, why, & how of writing academically for your university assignments.
What we'll cover
1. What does it mean to be academic?
2. Formality: how the vocabulary choices you make affect the style, tone and precision of your writing.
3. Structure: how to organise your ideas cohesively and coherently at sentence, paragraph and text level.
4. Evidence-based: how to add credibility by incorporating your research in your writing.
5. Criticality: how to move away from descriptive writing to taking a critical position.
6. Objectivity: how to take on an objective voice in your assignment writing.
|4.30pm - 6pm
|11.30am - 1pm
|3pm - 4.30pm
Who's delivering your course?
Robert Toniolo Wood FHEA
Joe Kneale FHEA