What is Technical Indexes: Construction Information Service (IHS)?
Technical Indexes: Construction Information Service is a complete reference source covering all aspects of UK legislation and guidance material on building, civil and structural engineering, construction and facilities management. The service includes the full text of many BRE publications and is updated weekly. Where possible all documents cited in the Building Regulations have been included.
- "A new graphical layout providing improved content transparency
- Project folders for organizing and managing your documents
- Automatic weekly updates
- Automated document change alerts to keep you up to date
- Increased amount of BIM (building information modeling) content
- Customized user interface – Set preferences, save key searches and store documents
- NBS – Link from CIS to NBS Specification products to ensure your specifications are thorough
- Specify-it – Link to our collection of UK construction catalogs, equipment information and CAD drawings
- Engineer-It reference materials online – Search our database of 1.8 million+ product pages and 85,000+ product catalogues from manufacturers in the UK and abroad.
- Eurocode Conformance – Access the widest set of Eurocodes, UK National Annexes and Non-contradictory Complimentary Information (NCCI) material in a single service
- Other publications – Enjoy direct online access to The Architects’ Journal
- Comprehensive coverage of healthcare building and construction information, including NHS Model Engineering Specification – An invaluable source for healthcare estates management
- Subject guides, briefings, news, reviews, technical information and guidance publications for English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish regulations (Irish Agrément Board, RIAI, Building Research Establishment, Institution of Structural Engineers and the RIBA)
- IHS Markit helpline support and training – Access help at every step of the way with comprehensive user assistance and training tailored to meet your company’s needs
- Operating requirements – Any modern internet browser from Internet Explorer 9 upwards, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The service is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista or XP (32-bit)"