Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
MFA is a two-step verification method for your online accounts, using your mobile phone or tablet for Microsoft to verify your identity. Once this is set up, it is easy to use and is more secure than just your username and password.
To set up MFA, you will need a computer and an IOS or Android device. If you experience any issues setting up your MFA, please get in touch.
|Passwords must now be at least 15 characters! ***************
Follow the step by step instructions on this page or download our help sheet.
1. The first time you access one of the LSBU platforms that require the Microsoft 365 login, you will see the box below.
2. Click Next and follow the instructions to download the Microsoft Authenticator App on your device.
On your Apple iOS device, go to the App Store to download and install the Authenticator app
On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store to download and install the Authenticator app
Click Next on your computer to proceed. Remain on the Set up your account page while you set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device.
3. To set up the Microsoft Authenticator App on your device, open the app and choose Work or school account.
Enter your LSBU email address and password and then select scan a QR code.
4. Click Next on your computer and scan the code shown on the screen with your mobile phone.
5. Enter the number shown on the screen in the Microsoft Authenticator App.
6. When the notification is approved, click Next.
7. To set up your second authentication method, enter your mobile number and click Next.
8. Type in the 6 numbers texted to your phone and click Next.
9. Click Next again and then click Done. You will be informed that your MFA registration has been successful.